So here in the next installment of my personal favorites are those who are faithful preachers of the Gospel. Here are my top ten:
- Arturo Azurdia, III: Arturo Azurdia is the author of the excellent book ‘Spirit Empowered Preaching‘ published by Mentor. He is Associate Professor of Pastoral Theology and the Director of Pastoral Mentoring at Western Seminary in Portland Oregon.
- Tim Keller: Senior Pastor, Redeemer Presbyterian Church, New York (for a great collection of Keller’s resources, click here);
- John Piper, Pastor for Preaching and Vision, Bethlehem Baptist Church, Minneapolis, MN; Founder, Desiring God Ministries
- John MacArthur (especially from the 1980s and 1990s), Senior Pastor, Grace Community Church, Sun Valley, CA; Founder, Grace To You
- J. Vernon McGee (1904-1988), longtime leader of Thru the Bible Ministries
- D.A. Carson, professor of New Testament at the New Evangelical Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (go to ChristWay Media for some good Carson resources as well as Faith By Hearing)
- Stephen Olford (1918-2004): Founder of Olford Ministries International which helps ministers engage in expositional preaching. He wrote a book which changed me called Anointed Expository Preaching.
- Don Whitney, Associate Professor of Biblical Spirituality at the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Louisville, KY
- J. Ligon Duncan, III: Senior Pastor, First Presbyterian Church, Jackson, Mississippi
- Martyn Lloyd-Jones (1899-1981) — considered by many to be the greatest preacher of the 20th century. Click on his name to go to the Martyn Lloyd-Jones Trust and you can actually hear his sermons!
Some preachers whom you have never heard of, but should:
- Mark Combs, Pastor, Salem Baptist Church, Salem, KY
- Kevin Whitt, Pastor, Harvest Community Church, Eminence, KY
- Scott Davis, Pastor, Pitts Baptist Church, Concord, NC
- Steve Weaver, Pastor, West Broadway Baptist Church in Lenoir City, TN since April of 2000
- Ben Skaug, Pastor, Conway Baptist Church, Colorado
- Greg Heisler, Assistant Professor of Preaching and Speech, Southeastern Baptist Theological Seminary, Wake Forest, NC; author, Spirit-Led Preaching (B&H, 2007)
And for your amusement:
Powered by ScribeFire.