After 15 years of ministry and a good bit of college and seminary training, I would like to tell you my favorite books which deal with the subject of preaching and teaching.
- Light and Heat: The Puritan View of the Pulpit by R. Bruce Bickel
- Preaching and Preachers by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones
- Lectures to My Students by Charles Spurgeon
- Spirit-Empowered Preaching: Involving the Holy Spirit in Your Ministry by Arturo Azurdia, III
- Preaching with Bold Assurance: A Solid and Enduring Approach to Engaging Exposition by Hershael York and Bert Decker
- Preaching the Whole Bible as Christian Scripture: An Application of Biblical Theology to Expository Preaching by Graeme Goldsworthy
- Between Two Worlds: The Challenge of Preaching Today by John R. W. Stott
- The Supremacy of God in Preaching by John Piper
- Christ-Centered Preaching: Redeeming the Expository Sermon by Bryan Chapell
Here are some books on preaching that I have not fully read, but seem to have potential:
- Spirit-Led Preaching: The Holy Spirit’s Role in Sermon Preparation and Delivery by Greg W. Heisler
- On the Preparation and Delivery of Sermons by John Broadus
- The Reading and Preaching of the Scriptures in the Worship of the Christian Church (6 volumes) by Hughes Oliphant Old
Powered by ScribeFire.